Chromebook are a new type of computers: lightweight and fast to use; security built-in to protect against viruses or malware; one click-access to a world of apps and the web. It’s a faster, simpler and more secure computer.
- Speed-Chromebooks boot in 8 seconds and resume instantly. They load web pages with lightning speed, so there’s no delay in getting things done
- Apps-Chromebooks run thousands of web apps. There’s no complicated software to install, and no CDs to misplace.
- Security-Chromebooks use the principle of “defense in depth” to provide multiple layers of protection against viruses and malware, including data encryption and verified boot.
- Autoupdates-When a Chromebook starts up, it updates itself automatically, so it has the latest version of the Chrome operating system without you having to think about it. You don’t have to deal with manual upgrades or time-consuming security patches.
- Sync- With Chromebooks, email, documents, and data are stored safely in the cloud and accessible anywhere. So no worries if you lose your physical computer: everything is backed up automatically.
Chromebook provides a new world of Web apps allowing you to create documents, edit photos, and listen to music, and much more. Unlike software on a traditional computer, web apps install in seconds, load instantly, and update automatically. You’ll find thousands of web apps in the Chrome Web Store.
It allows you to:
- Connect-Keep in touch with family and friends by talking face to face using the built-in webcam and connect with up to 9 people using Google+ Hangaouts. You can also integrate multiple chat accounts with apps like imo or eBuddy.
- Enjoy– Enjoy an endless selection of your favorite songs, videos, and movies on your Chromebook. You can stream music with apps like Pandora or organize your personal music collection with Google Play. For movies and videos, try Netflix or Youtube. Never worry about syncing your media again.
- Work and Collaborate– Create documents, spreadsheets, presentations and drawings with apps like Google Docs. With productivity web apps, you can collaborate in real-time with others, access your documents from any computers, and have your files backed up automatically.
- Photos-Edit beautiful photos with apps like Pixlr Editor or Aviary Image Editor and organize them with your favorite photos site. You can also create your home videos with Stupeflix orYouTube Video Editor.
- Play-Explore new games and old favorites likeAngry Birds, Solitaire, and WGT Golf Challenge. With new technology like Native Client, you’ll be able to enjoy even more cutting edge games like Bastion.
- Cloud Backup-Even if you lose your Chromebook, your data and documents can be safely stored on the web with services like Google Docs and Box.
So hey…what are you waiting for…it’s already in the market and available form Samsung and Acer… for only $299.